Friday, January 13, 2006

So much for J.Crew

I ordered some khakis and cords online, and paid extra for 3-day delivery, because otherwise, they wouldn't get to me on time. The next day, I got a package, and I was pretty impressed. But I opened it, and it was a pair of flipflops with martini glasses embroidered on them (huh?) and a large jacket.

So I called J.Crew, and they apologized and told me to send it back. Then they told me it would take FOURTEEN DAYS to process the return...and THEN they could send me my original order.

Jerks. So I'm off to Leesburg Outlet Center this weekend for a last shopping spree. (Last time I went to the J.Crew there, they were selling rubber boots with little Scotty dogs on them. Can I wear those in Africa?)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't they have J Crew in Rwanda? :) Seriously, you are the only person I know who can effortlessly combine a story of working at the heart of a war-torn African nation with a story of a catalog store shopping misadventure and still make perfect sense. Keep us posted. We'll miss you!

1/13/2006 5:06 PM  
Blogger Morgan C. said...

I'll miss you too!

No J.Crew, but it would be hilarious if Banana Republic opened a store there, given its name...

1/13/2006 5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Though I have never met you I wish you well and safe. Keep us posted.

1/13/2006 8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have had them send it to you there...you'll look great whatever you wear there ;)

1/14/2006 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home